Friday, March 4, 2011

The journey begins, my new electric guitar

Hello everyone.

A new job, a new city, not many friends around, many hours at home without anything i wanted to do...

The answer appeared clear, i had wanted for a long time to play a musical instrument, and among all, my favourite was the electric guitar, maybe because I admide Mark Knopfler (with or without Dire Straits), and I love Blues, Rock & Roll, and folk in general. Other groups or musicians I love are Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd or even Mike Oldfield.

So it is that a week ago i decided to buy my first electric guitar, one Stagg, Stratocaster kind, it was included in a beginners pack with a soft case, a practice amp, cable, tuner, picks , etc

This is the guitar:

Here the whole pack:


Technical specifications are:

Standard "S" electric Guitar - Pickups 3 x Single Coil - Controls: 1 x Volume + 2 x Tone - Pickup Selector Switch: 5-Way - Body: Alder - Neck: Hard Maple, bolt-on, 648 mm (25.5 in) - Fingerboard: Rosewood, 21 frets - Bridge: Classic "S" Style Tremolo - Machine heads: Vintage Style, nickel - Finish: Highgloss - Colour: Black

My opinion after one week:

The guitar is nice, it makes a small noise but i fear it is due to the cable. In every other aspect it is great for its purpose, it is a solid, well made instrument with a great finish.

This week I have followed two different tutorials on the internet,

on one hand it is i-1 class from the web "Rock & Roll para Muñones", and the first classes from Justin Guitar beginners course.

With this i got my first Blisters, I fight my first three chords, A, D, E, and i learnt the basic rythm pattern for the right hand. Yesterday i realized that better than learning any other chords, i must practice and master these three ones, just to make them sound nice and to switch from one to another.

D chord is specially difficult for me, specially for my third finger (ring finger), that seems to go tied to the midle finger and it is difficult to move on its own.

So by now my goal is that, not to learn more chords but master these three and try to switch between them as quick as possible before going on.

Regards from Spain and see you soon

No comments:

Post a Comment